Friday 6 November 2009

Liz Fielding's thoughts on Loves Me, Loves Me Not



I was so excited to receive a copy of LOVES ME, LOVES ME NOT a few weeks ago. The cover is just gorgeous and I couldn’t believe how big it was, but then it does contain forty stories which, at my reckoning, is around 200,000 words. A real blockbuster of a book.

I’m still working my way through the stories, picking and choosing to meet my mood. But that’s the joy of an anthology of short stories. You can read a story in the bath, or before bed, or maybe lose yourself temporarily in another world for ten minutes while the potatoes boil dry on the stove.

The range in this anthology is just amazing. I’ve read my first ever vampire story, a charming Regency, stories set in Australia, in the middle ages and very much in the here and now. I have found some wonderful new authors and been entertained by a lot of old favourites. I’ve laughed, cried and been totally blown away by a story so shimmeringly beautiful that it is worth the price of the book all by itself.

My story, THE PARTNERSHIP DEAL offers, I hope, the essence of what I write for Mills & Boon “Romance”. A little humour, a little sizzle and, after a very unpromising beginning, followed by an even worse discovery, the promise of an unexpected future.

Definitely one for the Christmas stocking of anyone you know who loves to read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Hi George

Always great to meet a guy who understands romance so thanks for stopping by. I love your list of top romantic movies. Casablanca is top of my list, too.

15 November 2009 at 22:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home